Methodist Medical Center treats all aspects of heart disease. Our quality care begins with the human touch - dedicated cardiologists, nurses and technicians. They combine extensive skills with the latest technology in bypass surgery, angioplasty, stenting, emergency treatment and rehabilitation.
When It's a Heart Attack, Minutes Matter
At Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, patients seeking emergency care for a heart attack receive life-saving interventions, on average, in less than 65 minutes – that’s 25 minutes faster than the national goal.
||Methodist Medical Center consistently followed the treatment guidelines in ACTION Registry®-GWTGTM for eight consecutive quarters in ACTION Registry-GWTG Premier and met a performance standard of 90% for specific performance measures to receive this 2012 award. CLICK HERE to read more.
Methodist Medical Center is also one of only 164 hospitals in the nation to receive the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s 2012 Platinum Performance Award for implementing “a higher standard of care” for patients who have suffered a heart attack. Methodist earned the organization’s Gold Performance Award in 2011. The Platinum award is the highest level achievable.
Methodist is a Covenant Health "valve center" and offers the full continuum of heart-related care:
- One of the first chest pain centers in the area
- Average door-to-balloon times of 65 minutes (compared to national goal of 90 minutes)
- One of only two hospitals in Tennessee recognized for heart care by the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline™ Program in an August 2010 issue of US News and World Report
- First hospital in the area to implement a hypothermia protocol which lowers a patient’s body temperature after cardiac arrest to reduce the risk of brain damage.
- Da Vinci robotics system available to cardiovascular surgeons who can perform procedures such as repairing faulty heart valves laparoscopically rather than through an incision and subsequent opening of the patient's chest.
- First in East Tennessee to repair a hole in the heart robotically.
- Cardiac rehab in Methodist’s 5,000 square foot facility offers an individualized plan of monitored exercise and education in a medically supervised environment.
Chest Pain Center
Covenant Health hospitals are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac-related health issues. Learn more about Cardiac Care and a new procedure called Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, or TAVR.