Methodist Leads the Way with New Technology
Patients throughout this region are benefiting from new surgical technologies and techniques used at Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge.
- Surgeons on our staff have been among the first in East Tennessee to perform minimally invasive, robotic-assisted procedures to treat the heart and lungs, prostate, and certain women's conditions.
- Specially trained cardiologists at Methodist use state-of-the-art technology to perform minimally invasive electrophysiology examinations in patients with irregular heartbeats.
- Advances in neurosurgery give patients with brain and spinal cord disorders hope for a better life.
- General surgeons at Methodist use new devices and techniques to revolutionize the repair of life-threatening aortic aneurysms in the abdomen.
- Orthopedic patients benefit from new procedures to repair or replace hip, shoulder and knee joints, as well as advanced technology and materials.
With the addition of more minimally invasive surgical procedures, many patients at Methodist experience less pain and blood loss, shorter hospital stays, and faster recoveries.
Specialty Areas & Services