Methodist Medical Center treats all aspects of heart disease. Our award-winning cardiology services begin with the human touch – dedicated cardiologists, nurses and technicians. They combine extensive skills with the latest technology in bypass surgery, angioplasty, stenting, emergency treatment and rehabilitation.
Methodist is a Covenant Health “valve center” and offers the full continuum of heart-related care
- One of the first chest pain centers in the area
- First hospital in the area to implement a hypothermia protocol which lowers a patient’s body temperature after cardiac arrest to reduce the risk of brain damage.
- Echocardiography lab
- Cardiac stress lab
- 64-slice CT, which can capture images of the heart and coronary arteries in as little as five heartbeats
All open-heart procedures including:
- Multi-vessel coronary artery bypass
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Mini-Maze, a minimally invasive procedure for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac catheterization lab
- Electrophysiology services
- Minimally invasive transradial procedures in addition to traditional cardiac catheterizations
- Use of the Impella device, the world’s smallest heart pump, for cardio septic shock and in high-risk heart procedures
- Da Vinci robotics system available to cardiovascular surgeons who can perform procedures such as repairing faulty heart valves laparoscopically rather than through an incision and subsequent opening of the patient’s chest.
- Cardiac rehab in Methodist’s 5,000 square foot facility offers an individualized plan of monitored exercise and education in a medically supervised environment.
- Covenant Health hospitals are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac-related health issues. Learn more about Cardiac Care and a new procedure called Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, or TAVR.