Who is a Methodist Nurse?
She is passionate. He is driven. They are committed to excellence.
- A Methodist nurse is someone who puts her patients first every day.
- A Methodist nurse is someone who practices excellence in everything he does.
- A Methodist nurse is who you would want to take care of your loved ones if they were in the hospital.
Learn more about our nursing units:
- Acute Care Units: this a three-pronged department which includes the Medical Intensive Care Unit, Coronary Intensive Care Unit and Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit located on the first floor of the hospital. The ACU has a combined total of 25 beds, four of which are dedicated for open heart surgery patients. We provide care for all disciplines of healthcare including surgical, renal, oncology, trauma, cardiac, and neurology.
- Cardiology: 3-West offers 33 inpatient rooms that have telemetry monitoring capability for each room. We care for cardiology, post open heart, peritoneal dialysis, and medical patients. The leadership team consists of a manager and a nursing unit supervisor.
- Cath Lab: A special department where doctors perform minimally invasive tests and procedures to diagnose and treat cardiovascular disease. This information helps the care team to diagnose and treat blockages and other problems in the arteries.
- Emergency Department: a 38-bed unit with two dedicated trauma suites and two dedicated behavioral rooms. We have a helipad for urgent transports to and from our facility and we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our local EMS providers to deliver services both on-site and out in the field. We work alongside an award-winning group of board-certified physician leaders who are members of our medical staff but who are employed through TeamHealth. Our clinical and ancillary team members include RNs, ED techs and unit coordinators. Imaging capabilities are offered within our department so we work closely with our medical imaging team members, as well as those first greeting our patients during the registration process.
- Labor & Delivery: located on 2-East, the Family Birthing Center is a 19-bed unit with four additional triage rooms. It is a locked unit for the safety and privacy of our laboring patients. Of the 19 rooms we have eight are LDRP suites with 11 inpatient rooms that serve obstetrical, gynecologic, and outpatient transfusions. Our facility averages 450 deliveries annually.
- Medical-Surgical: our 2-West Med-Surg unit is a 33 inpatient unit that serves post-surgical patients which includes 16 telemetry beds. We work alongside the best physicians, surgeons, and provide over 19 specialty services for general, orthopedic, urologic as well as medical patients.
- Oncology: this unit is located on the fourth floor of the hospital, referred internally as 4-West. We do team nursing along with some primary nursing assignments. We are able to accommodate 31 patients. The standards of quality care, compassion and safety are what we live by. We support each other in good times and bad times alike. You are never alone, and our work family is a shining example that together we are better. While at any given time our true oncology patients may make up 30 to 50 percent of our census, the rest is filled with other medical surgical patients.
- Orthopedics, Neuro, Spine & Joint Replacement: The 3-East wing features 30 private rooms, 26 of which include telemetry. This unit also includes 12 dedicated rooms for our Total Joint Center. We care for orthopedic, neuro-surgery and med/surg patients. The leadership team consists of a manager, nursing unit supervisor and a dedicated case manager/joint care coordinator.
- Pulmonary Medical/Surgical and IMC Intermediate Care, Critical Care Step Down: The pulmonary medical/surgical environment on 5-West provides care of adult patients experiencing primarily pulmonary healthcare concerns. Frequently observed ailments include COPD exacerbation, respiratory viruses, asthma, bronchitis, etc. The IMC is a brand new 21-bed critical care step down unit that provides enhanced nursing services for patients that are too sick to be safely provided care on a medical/surgical unit but may not be in need of the monitoring available in the ICU. Our patients in the IMC are mixed acuity, which means you may encounter cardiovascular, neurological, respiratory, urological, gastrointestinal, or endocrine step down patients.
- Surgical Services: located on the clinical corridor with Acute Care and Emergency, the Surgical Services department features 13 surgery suites with a focus on general abdominal surgery as well as specialty procedures including cardiothoracic, gynecology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology and vascular. Within Surgical Services are Same Day Services and the GI/Endoscopy Center.