General visiting hours for the hospital are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. To gain access to the hospital after 9:00 p.m., please enter via the Emergency Department entrance and see a member of Security or Registration in the Emergency Department.
Visiting hours for the Family Birthing Center are flexible and at the discretion of the mother. Fathers and grandparents are allowed to visit anytime. Siblings of the newborns are permitted to visit their mothers and must be accompanied by an adult. Only one visitor is allowed overnight after the birth of a baby.
Critical Care Units: Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Cardiovascular Surgical
- CCU INDIVIDUAL Visitation
- One visitor may stay with the patient 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 8 – 8:45 p.m
- Visitors may change out at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. only
- Overnight visitation at the discretion of the nurse
- CCU GROUP Visitation
- Group visitation for 2-3 people maximum from10 – 10:30 a.m. and 8 – 8:45 p.m.
- UNIT CLOSURE
- The Critical Care Units are closed 7 – 10 a.m., 5 – 8 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Visitation is limited to two people for 30 minutes at a time. A separate brochure about the Critical Care Units is available from a nurse in those departments.
General Visitor Information
Our primary concern is the comfort and healing of our patients. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Methodist Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus both inside and outside the facilities. You can learn more about our tobacco policy here.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time per patient.
- Visitors under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Under special circumstances, visiting hours and restrictions may be waived. Please check with your nurse or the unit manager if you need an individual adjustment of the visiting policy.
- To help ensure the safety of patients and employees, the doors in the hospital’s public hallway leading from the Emergency Department are locked each night at 9:00 p.m. To gain access to patient rooms after regular visiting hours, please see a member of Security or Registration in the Emergency Department.
- A guest who has permission to stay overnight with a patient may purchase guest meal tickets. This service is available from Nutrition Services (835-4100) between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. At other times, check with your nurse.
- Because of space and safety, we request that only one visitor stay with a patient at a time. Patients in semiprivate rooms should not have overnight guests of the opposite sex.
- For the health and safety of patients and visitors, visitors should not use a patient’s restroom. Public restrooms are available on each floor of the hospital.